English Common Northerner, Proletariat and Blade.
Partner to a wife and a Border Terrier
Andy is available for Commissions and long term photographic projects.
Andy does not attend Portfolio Reviews or give them although he will enter into a mutual dialogue about his or other people’s work. Neither does Andy enter competitions unless they are free. Andy does occasionally give talks on various photography related subjects.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduated with an MA in Photography from Leicester De Montfort under the tutelage of Professor Paul Hill and Mike Simmons, Andy’s work is carefully observed social documentary and reportage with a keen and witty social, historical and political context.
Photographer, Artist, Writer, Educator (he has a CTLLS – Certificate Teach Life Long Learning Sector ) , Ex – Stately Home Guide, Assistant Bee-Keeper, Marathon Runner, Husband, Dog Owner. No Nonsense Analyst.
Publications and Exhibitions:
- Blades Tales – Memories of Supporting Sheffield United
- Fell Runners Association
- South Sheffield Partnerships
- The Cutthorpe Carnival
- Bolsover Schools Arts Celebration
- Brookfield Primary School Calendar
- British Journal of Photography 25/11/09,
- Portfolio 50th Edition.
- Ag The International journal of Photographic Art & Practice Spring 2010
- Football Unites Racism Divides
- Sheffield – One City Many Cultures
- Photography workshops at Brookfield Primary School, Nether Langwith, Shirebrook. Notts.
- November 2008 – Presentation to first year MA Students Leicester De Montfort University.
- 8/12/08 – Presentation to Photography Foundation Degree students at Stoke on Trent College
- 19/03/09 – Presentation to Derbyshire Headteachers Conference.
- December 09 – Made in the Midlands @ The Custard Factory
- August 2010 – Sheffield Photographers Group Show @ Bank St Arts
- December 2010 – IN CAMERA Group Show @ Bank St Arts
- Shirebrook Academy 6th Form Prospectus
- Group Exhibition – F-Stop Photography Magazine April 2011
If you’re looking for Andy Greaves the Ventriloquist I’m not him. I’ve met him and he’s a very nice man ! A link has been provided to his site.